Salt Lake City, UT company news, business services, new website launches, and exciting information in the world of online marketing and web design for Utah businesses. Enjoy.
Why is our Groove Solution Different?
It would be nice if you could press a magic button and automatically get your website to show up at the top of Google. Well unfortunately, there isn’t one. Getting your website to rank higher takes dedication, creativity, resourcefulness, and persistence. This is especially true because Google’s algorithm is constantly changing. So, since there isn’t a magic one-step process to get you to the top of the search results page, here are some tips that can help get your content to rank higher. But remember, in getting your website to rank higher, persistence is your greatest tool.
1. Know where you stand now. You can see your current rankings by simply using keywords to search for your business and see where you stand. There are also online programs that can look at your website and tell you how strong of a web presence you have. While this can be helpful, the most accurate way to know where you stand and what you need to improve on is to talk with and SEO or digital marketing company. They can perform a web audit that will give you great insight into where your website stands and how it can rank higher.
2. Make sure your website is mobile-friendly. Between 70 and 80% of local searches are done on mobile devices. If your website is not mobile-friendly, then there is very little chance your will rank highly in any search engine.Google’s mobile friendly test is an easy to use tool that will help you know if your website is sufficiently mobile-friendly.
3. Continually add new content. Make sure you are adding relevant and accurate content to your website at least once a week. Use keyword that potential web visitors might type in order to find your business. These keywords will help you establish a better presence online and will begin to get your website to rank higher. A great way to do this is for your website to include an integrated blog.
4. Diagnose and fix current problems. Another benefit to getting a professional web audit is that they can tell you what things are penalizing your website. Things like duplicate listings, incorrect information, and out of date content can cause your website’s rankings to suffer. If this is the case, it can be easy to get that information fixed and stop being penalized for it, but you have to know what the problem is before you can solve it.
5. Add your target keywords to the URL. Use the keywords that web searchers are googling and plug them into the URL of your site. This gives Google another reason to consider your content as more relevant for a particular phrase.
6. Image optimization. Be sure that the pictures you are using on your website have file names which include target keywords. Additionally, those keywords should be included as a part of your image’s Alt Text. This will increase the relevancy of your content and give Google another reason to pair your content with specific searches and keywords.
These are just a few of many tips that can help you rank higher in the most popular search engines. As you can see, with these and just about every tip for SEO, consistency and persistence are key. You need to continually conscious about your website and its content in order to stay on top of the game and at the top of the search results page. For more information about how you can get your groove online and rank higher on Google, give us a call!